Social Media Guidelines
Social Media Guidelines for ‘Aikane O Nu‘uanu
Purpose: The purpose of our Facebook/Instagram page is to provide an online community for parents and families at Nu’uanu Elementary School.
Goal: Our goal is to share information and tips, update the community on events and activities, and showcase the achievements of students, teachers, parents, and other community members.
- We encourage you to ask questions and share information. We request that you keep discussions focused directly concerning our school community.
- We encourage posts that highlight our community’s accomplishments and constructively raise issues for discussion.
- When posting, please use appropriate language. Children can see our page.
- If you choose, you can post photos of your children at school events. Do not post photos of other children. If you have any questions about posting a particular photo, please check with the Facebook/Instagram page administrator.
- Do not post about concerns, problems, or conflicts with individual teachers, administrators, students, or parents. We will immediately delete posts that in any way put down or discriminate against individuals.
- Online threats will be taken seriously, and proper authorities will be immediately notified.
- Do not post information commonly understood as private or confidential, such as student grades, phone numbers, addresses, etc.
- Any inflammatory statements that make allegations against individuals or organizations will be deleted.
- Bullying is not allowed and will be removed immediately.
- Keep in mind what you post is public information.
- Any advertising for businesses is not allowed.
- Endorsing or contributing to a political cause is not allowed.
- Do not publish content as your own that has been created by others.
- The PTO board and PTO Facebook administrators reserve the right to delete comments and block users who are not following the rules stated above.