‘Aikane o Nu‘uanu
Nu‘uanu Elementary School’s Parent Teacher Organization
Fall Intersession at Nu‘uanu Elementary
Monday, October 8 – Friday, October 12
6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Activities run between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Quiet games and assembly style activities will occur between 6:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
See flyer here for more details.
Hurricane Lane Update:
Nu‘uanu Elementary School Closed Thursday, Aug. 23 and Friday, Aug. 24
Please pick up students by 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 22.
Hurricane Lane Update:
‘Aikane General Membership Meeting and Movie Night CANCELLED
‘Aikane General Membership Meeting and Movie Night
Thursday, August 23rd, 6:15pm-9:00pm
Following Open House, join us for Movie Night in the gym. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets. The movie starts when the sun goes down. Free popcorn and water courtesy of ‘Aikane o Nu‘uanu. Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts sign up information will be available in the cafeteria from about 5:45-6:45 pm.
Welcome, Students and Families
Welcome to ‘Aikane o Nu‘uanu (AON), Nu‘uanu Elementary School‘s Parent Teacher Organization. We are an all-volunteer organization comprised of parents, teachers, staff, and the Principal of Nu‘uanu Elementary whose main function is to provide support to Nu‘uanu Elementary School, and to create and maintain the spirit of “ohana” within our school community.
Our organization is made up of 6 officers, 30+ committee chairpersons, and lots of parent volunteers. If you're interested in volunteering, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like to be updated on activities and events via AON's email broadcast service, please send an email message to email@example.com with “Please Subscribe” in the subject line, and include your name, your child(ren)’s name(s) as well as grade level(s) in the message body.
In addition, we hold monthly board meetings on the third Tuesday of each month, at 5:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. Our next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, August 14. Hope to see you there!
About Nu‘uanu's A+ Program
Thank you again for your patience and understanding through the transition of providers. We are looking forward to the opportunity to serve Nu‘uanu Elementary and your families.
Originally, registration forms were to be transferred from the previous provider to the YMCA via the HiDOE Community Engagement Office. However, we have just learned the previous provider has shred all 2018-2019 A+ registration forms that were submitted to them. We apologize that this leaves families with the inconvenience of having to complete a new registration packet.
Our team intends to do everything possible to make sure that the following weeks and start of the school year is as smooth as possible. Please find a PDF fillable A+ registration packet below along with additional forms you may need. We hope the PDF fillable format will help to ease the process.
What We Need to Complete Registration
1. A+ Registration Packet - PDF fillable version (click to download)
Most areas are fillable; however, there are some highlighted areas that require a signature or marking after printing. For information on the A+ program, refer to the A+ Parent Handbook (click to download)
2. Emergency Card (click to download) – one per youth.
3. If Self-Employed – copy of your GE tax license and either your 2017 income tax return with schedule C or proof of a business checking account that matches your GE tax license information.
4. If applying for subsidy (free A+) – proof of monthly household income (see packet for appropriate documentation).
5. Optional – Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) (click to download) for monthly auto payment. Note that our system can only draft on the 1st and 15th of each month so if the EFT is submitted after August 1st, we’ll ask you to make a manual payment (cash, check, money order) for August. There are no fees to set up an electronic draft (fees applied only for rejected payments).
6. Optional – Authorization for release of an unaccompanied minor (click to download) – if you want to add someone 17 years or younger to the authorization list OR allow your youth to sign themselves out.
Items often missed leaving registrations “incomplete”:
• Parent ID on Emergency Card – this is a code (phrase, word, or number) that you will use to confirm your identity to make over the phone authorizations to your pickup list.
• If self-employed – see above.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION PACKET
To submit your registration packet, the simplest way is to see our team at our on-campus summer program Monday-Friday, 6:30a-6:00p; however due to excursions, Wednesday’s only 3p-6p. You may also visit our Nu‘uanu Youth Department Monday-Friday, 8a-6p. The YMCA facility has extended fitness hours, but if it is dropped off with our welcome center team, it will not be reviewed until received by our Youth Department.
We do not intend to penalize families for this unfortunate action. Payments to the YMCA will need to be made for August, but no late fees will be assessed. Also we do not intend on having a wait-list and will make adequate preparations to accommodate families. Please do submit forms as soon as possible.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation to best serve your families.
A link to the original letter from the YMCA can be found here.
Mr. Cassidy Inamasu, Senior Youth Program Director firstname.lastname@example.org Ph. 541-5260
Ms. Fallon Espinda, Site Director email@example.com